Attend Camp HOPE America - Chattanooga
Camp HOPE America - Chattanooga programming provides holistic support and engagement, including challenge by choice activities, monthly throughout the year for children and teenagers who have experienced domestic violence. We divide participants into 2 individual cohorts: ages 7-11 and 12-17.
Activities include team building, relationship building, mindfulness, and skills that will encourage building HOPE and resilience. The components of Pathways (year-round programming) and Camp HOPE (summer camp) utilize evidence-based curriculum and give each participant tools to stretch their personal limits, build resilience, and gain confidence. Support and resources will also be provided to the family.
We have scheduled the following events, more will be coming soon:
- HOPE on Zoom - Weekly virtual meetings on Monday evenings at 6pm
- 3/20 - Hiking with Outdoor Chattanooga
- 4/17 - Canoeing with Outdoor Chattanooga
- 5/15 - Rock Climbing with Outdoor Chattanooga
- 6/12 - Outdoor Adventures with Reflection Riding
- 8/2-8/6 - Camp HOPE at YMCA Camp Ocoee
- More events coming soon!
For additional information about Camp Hope contact: Michelle Howard-Hamidi at [email protected] or 423.805.6126.
Here is a short video from one of the camps in Connecticut and it discusses HOPE and how camp is bringing this opportunity to the youth.