The Partnership’s New Visions program provides safe permanent housing to women who are chronically homeless, victims of domestic violence or disabled. New Visions helps achieve residential stability and increase skill levels to make decisions that will empower them to build better lives. The program emphasizes employment opportunities, education opportunities, life coaching skills and self-care health issues.
Chronically homeless women are:
- Homeless for a year or more
- Experience four or more episodes of Homelessness in the past 3 years
- Has a disabling condition
New Visions has 20 units available and is limited to availability and funding. To be financially eligible for the New Visions program requires meeting all guidelines defined by the Chattanooga Housing Authority section 8 guidelines.
The Partnership’s Emergency Shelter for Families:
- Provides safe shelter including five private family rooms and a dorm setting for three single women
- Offers three hot meals per day and provides bus passes for housing and job search
- Immediately enrolls children in school and organizes regular transportation
- Builds stability with case management based on a 30-day service plan to secure housing and employment while also improving life skills (daily living, budgeting and money management and interpersonal communication)
CRISIS HOTLINE - 423.755.2700 Available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Completely Confidential.