Building Stable Lives
Building Stable Lives provides Life Coaches in neighborhoods to empower participants to develop social and economic independence through goal-setting and attainment.
Goal-setting is key to obtaining stability. Goals may include employment, education, financial, housing, health, family or social networks.
By building stability within families, we strengthen community. Building Stable Lives is a United Way of Greater Chattanooga funded program administered through Partnership for Families, Children and Adults and Helen Ross McNabb Center.
- Building Stable Lives is free to all participants. The only requirement is that participants are desiring a better future for themselves and/or their families and are actively participating in achieving their goals.
- Is there a cost?
- Thanks to funding from the United Way of Greater Chattanooga, there is no cost to participants.
- How do clients join the program?
- Clients are referred to the BSL program from the United Way's 211 Call Center, other agencies or participant can call a life coach directly. The Life Coach will call each referral to schedule an intake assessment, which is completed at the Building Stable Lives site.
- How often do Life Coaches evaluate client need for services?
- Cases are reviewed quarterly with the Building Stable Lives team & the client participates in a self-evaluation every 6 months.
- What services does Building Stable Lives provide?
- Though each site is as unique as the neighborhood it serves, the Life Coaches provide a variety of training & services to the clients as well as to community members not enrolled in the program. Coaches provide resume writing & interview skills training, job search assistance, financial education, and referrals to several local agencies for services we are unable to provide on-site. Each time a Life Coach meets with a client, the goal is to use client-focused questions to facilitate improvement in decision-making & problem-solving skills.
- In addition to program services for clients, community members are able to participate in classes provided by Life Coaches as well as access computer labs for job searching at each neighborhood site.
- Life Coaches do not provide financial assistance or shelter & are not licensed clinicians. Referrals to appropriate local agencies are made for services the Life Coaches are not able to provide, including health care, mental health care, housing/shelter programs, and educational training.
- Office Locations:
- Alton Park Office - 423.265.3114
- East Chattanooga Office - Class Schedule - 423.698.1526
- East Lake Office - 423.702.0218 (Se habla espanol)