The Partnership depends on dedicated volunteers to provide crucial services to our neighbors in need. Below are some of the regular volunteer opportunities available at Partnership. To learn more, contact Natalie Patric, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide adolescents who are aging out of Foster Care with mentoring/academic tutoring and assist them in preparing for a self-sufficient life in our community.
- Teach a class ranging from life skills to financial education to youth aging out of foster care at Partnership’s I.A.M. Ready Center
- Offer assistance to elderly and/or disabled clients in meeting the needs of daily living. Volunteer activities range from taking care of household needs and lawn care to shopping for groceries and quality telephone conversation or friendly visits. “Mr. Fix-it” volunteers are also needed to assist with minor home repairs.
- Caring and concerned individuals are invited to be trained (16 hours) and certified as Volunteer Ombudsman Representatives (VORS) who visit residents of long term care facilities to listen to their concerns/problems and serve as advocates on their behalf.
Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Centers
- Volunteer as a Court Advocate, Victim’s Advocate or Hotline Responder: Render personal support to traumatized families and individuals through services ranging from a “Hotliner” responding to calls for help, to caring for children in the shelter, to assisting with the court adjudication of cases. Intensive training is required and regularly offered in direct care volunteer positions.
- Support the Partnership’s IT Department in its efforts to promote effective use of technology in all services through staff training/mentoring and in planning, development, and consultation.
- Opportunities for service as a volunteer are not limited to the areas highlighted above. Students and interns may arrange a variety of fieldwork experiences to satisfy academic requirements in areas such as counseling, court advocacy, case management, or business administration. Whatever your age, available time, or interests, the Partnership will work hard to find a place for you to contribute as a volunteer to the services we offer in the community.
- Do you like volunteering for special events? The Partnership has several events throughout the year that welcome volunteer involvement. Whether you are interested in planning and organizing, or set-up and clean-up, your volunteer assistance is needed.